Thursday, April 2, 2009

Article: The Future is Calling

Please feel free to use this article (land use and access) if you want, and are OHV friendly. I would appreciate a link or a copy if you do decide to use it. A nice photo accompanies this if you’d like it as well (just let me know).
Thanks, Del
##


The Future Is Calling.
Who will be there to answer?



By Del Albright, BlueRibbon Coalition Ambassador



Activists in off-road recreation seem to be an aging group – no offense intended. Many of us are “gray hairs” and many are working so hard that “burnout” may cause some premature aging. I worry that not enough young folks are taking up the torch and carrying the flame. When the future calls, will we have folks there to answer?

I was enjoying the business of an annual convention recently of the Calif. Assoc. of 4WD Clubs when I noticed long-time activist Jim Bramham (featured in accompanying photo) sitting nearby with his grandson, Oscar (2 and 1/2 years old). I swung the camera towards Oscar and said, “Hello.” Upon hearing those familiar words, Oscar picked up his play calculator like it was a telephone and answered me back. Cute.

Read more and download this article in WORD or Adobe (.pdf) here.
Del

No comments: